RaySecur is a high tech company providing security equipment and services designed to prevent letters and small packages sent through the mail from being used as a vehicle for threats, intimidation, or terrorist attacks. With simple, user-friendly solutions, RaySecur gives everyone the means to enjoy effective protection against letter bombs. The company is a world leader in mail room security. It ensure the safety of prominent leaders around the world.
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
The Vice President of Operations will oversee all areas of business operation including manufacturing and the development of production capabilities for the company. The candidate may become a co-founder by exchanging some salary for stock options in the company.
- Member of senior management team responsible for the formulation of long and short-term policies, programs, objectives, and business strategies.
- Development of manufacturing capabilities via a mix of in-house capabilities and sub-contracting agreement.
- Plan, coordinate and lead value engineering efforts to reduce overall cost.
- Formulation and recommendation of manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Hiring, training, development and evaluation of staff. Taking corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Direction and coordination of various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Oversight of the implementation of an ISO-9001 program for QA.
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Business Acumen
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Knowledge of financial systems is a plus
- May require security clearance
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment located inside a business incubator in Magog, Quebec. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position. Must be able to dedicate energy and time required for a company in the growth stage. Ability to adapt to change and a very demanding environment is required.
This position can require up to 25% travel. Some of the travel is international.
Required Education and Experience
Experience in setting up manufacturing capabilities of high tech products, optical product and/or semi-conductor is preferred.
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical, or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
- Experience with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles is preferred.
The applicant must be willing to adapt and revise role and responsibility due to various demands of a high-tech company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org